Cutting emission isn’t the only way to stop climate change. Realistically the most impactful things that people can do in their lives are practical measures to make our lives and environment more resilient to our changing environment.
CAVU.org (Climate Advocates / Voces Unidas) is a Santa Fe nonprofit that uses visual storytelling and community engagement to support local solutions to the global climate problem. In our first annual Climate Innovation Challenge we want to give our future leaders the platform to think creatively about how to adapt to our changing climate and to share those ideas with our communities.
Our goal is to give youth the opportunity to build community and foster hope about how local actions can have long term impacts to climate change. This program will allow youth to utilize their talents in media arts to share innovative ideas about how to adapt and be resilient to climate change.
The Video Challenge:
- Create a short video (3 minutes max) that explains an innovative adaptation to climate change that your local community could implement.
- Submissions will be accepted from groups of 1-5 students with no more than 2 adult advisors.
- Think creatively and scientifically! Video topics might include: Resilience to natural disasters, human systems, species and wildlife adaptation, urban adaptation, community/society/culture, food and agriculture, soil and hydrology, transportation.
- Student films will be showcased on the BIG screen November 9, 2019. Videos will be evaluated by a panel of independent judges and awards will be given for Elementary, Middle School and High School categories.
- Technical specifications for video entries, releases and official rules and resources to come!
The knowledge we need to thrive is already within us, now show us your brilliant ideas!
Sponsorship opportunities available! Please inquire at email@example.com