CAVU’s Climate Innovation Challenge (CIC) Curriculum is an extensive mutli-disciplinary set of lesson plans designed to complement Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) for middle school students. The curriculum’s built-in flexibility allows it to serve older and younger students as well.
CIC teaches critical concepts of climate science, adaptation, and video production in interactive ways. The process is as fun and engaging as it is academically robust.
The FREE program consists of 8 distinct lessons and up to 10 total class periods for students to develop their Climate Innovation Challenge showcase projects.
- Lesson 1 – Our Changing Climate
- Lesson 2 – Climate Change Indicators & Impacts
- Lesson 3 – Mitigation & Adaptation Strategies
- Lesson 4 – Assessing Vulnerability
- Lesson 5 – Brainstorming Climate Solutions
- Lesson 6 – Project Assessment & Design
- Lesson 7 – Scientific Storytelling
- Lesson 8 – Project Production
Participants receive FREE hands-on support and access to resources and training along with the curriculum.